Home of OWL50
Public Safety Air Support Grant Opportunity
The BLENDABLE Foundation is offering a
State-of-the-Art airborne surveillance and
search platform to a sponsoring agency or
group of agencies for a $1 annual lease.
A gyroplane combines the safety of a fixed wing airplane with
the maneuverability of a helicopter at an affordable hourly rate.
Included in the Grant:
- 2017 AutoGyro Cavalon aircraft
- Maintenance & Fuel
- FAA Certified Chief Pilot*
- Hanger Space
- Liability Insurance
- FLIR Day and Night Camera
- Search Light
- Air to Ground Communications
- Air to Ground Video (where available)
Features and Capabilities of OWL50
- Seats: 2 - Pilot and Observer
- Runway: 1,500 Feet Minimum
- Cruise Speed: 85 MPH
- Fuel Capacity: 26 Gallons
- Flight Time: 3 to 4 Hours
- Orbit Radius: 400 Feet
- Max Speed: 125 MPH
- Fuel Type: 91 Octane
- Two Motorola XTL5000 radios directly integrated to Pilot & Observer cockpit headphones. VHF, UHF, or 800 MHZ. P25 Compliant.
- The power plant is a Rotax 914 Turbo ULS gasoline engine generating 115HP. The four blade variable pitch propeller gives the pilot additional control of the aircraft.
- Heated interior cockpit for passenger comfort. Latched side vents for air flow as well as deploying target markers, small supplies, and trackers.
- The cockpit controlled high intensity spotlight has a 360 degree field of movement and generates 15,000,000 lumens illuminating objects up to a half-mile away.
- Camera system supports High Definition image broadcasting to ground command posts. Thermal imaging aids is finding suspects and evidence. Motion tracking allows hands free operation for vehicle chases.
* Sponsoring Agency/Group must provide salary/benefits for Chief Pilot (LEO Certified/Credentialed optional) and a cadre
of observers to be trained by BLENDABLE personnel.
Please contact BLENDABLE Foundation for More Information